This posting is now closed.
Application deadline: January 17, 2020. Considered applicants will be contacted the week of January 20, 2020.
Location: Canada / Remote
Status: Independent Contractor
The contractor will support assigned committees of DIACC. This individual may be asked to provide project support to other activities or priorities of the organization.
- Work with assigned committee(s) to support and manage project management tracking documents and systems related to the development of committee deliverables and milestones. This may include action item tracking, project scheduling, change request management, and agenda planning support.
- Work with assigned committee chair(s) and participants to support and monitor the development of deliverables.
- Serve as secretariat for assigned committee(s). Duties may include calendar and conference call scheduling, meeting minutes, organization of files and proposal submissions, and tracking meeting attendance.
- Ensure organization policies are applied consistently across assigned committee(s); educate and inform committee(s) chairs and participants regarding policy usage and updates.
- Maintain sections of the committee’s online collaboration tools and related collateral.
- Assist with special projects in support of program activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience/history
- Fluent in English. Fluent in French considered a plus
- Experience in an association management, standards management, service organization, or related technology consulting firm environment with team management/facilitation experience.
- Strong program management skills, philosophy, and tools.
- Ability to operate comfortably in a virtual project collaboration using MS Office applications, web-based tools, and communications.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivator with the ability to prioritize multiple work items under deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse staff and contractors, departments, consultants, and industry representatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical persons in face-to-face, conference call, and virtual environments.
- Ability to think freely and independently in a dynamic fast-paced work environment while problem solving and implementing improvements and solutions.
- Ability to keep abreast of industry activities related to standards and technology development, alliances, special interest groups, and consortia.
- Domestic travel may be required 1-3 times per year.
- 20-30 hours / week
- Commensurate with related work experience
- 12 month contract with the option of renewal
To apply for this role, please provide a copy of your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com with the subject “PROGRAM MANAGER APPLICATION”