The Digital Identification and Authentication Council of Canada (DIACC) believes it is imperative that Canadian institutions protect and promote Canadian values and perspectives as the digital economy develops.
The DIACC leverages the following Canadian and universal principles as guidance with regard to initiatives that support our mission and vision.
||Principles of a digital identity ecosystem for Canada, and solutions within:
- Robust, secure, and scalable
- Implement, protect, and enhance Privacy by Design
- Inclusive, open, and meets broad stakeholder needs
- Transparent in governance and operation
- Provide Canadians choice, control, and convenience
- Built on open, standards-based protocols
- Interoperable with international standards
- Cost effective and open to competitive market forces
- Able to be independently assessed, audited and subject to enforcement
- Minimize data transfer between authoritative sources and will not create new identity databases