DIACC’s Written Submission for the Pre-Budget Consultations in Advance of the 2021 Budget
Ahead of the 2021 federal budget, the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance has asked Canadians to share their input.
DIACC is pleased to have submitted a brief, calling on the Federal Government to implement the following recommendations:
- Secure adoption of the Pan-Canadian Trust Framework by businesses and governments to ensure Canadians are well-protected and supported post-pandemic.
- Work with provincial and territorial partners along with Citizenship and Immigration Canada to ensure that all Canadians have access to an ISO compliant government-issued digital ID credential with economy-wide utility by December 31, 2021.
- Have digital identity and authentication efforts co-led by the Minister of Digital Government and the Minister of Innovation, Science, and Industry to ensure that both government service delivery and economic prosperity requirements are met.
- Prioritize the funding and integration of digital ID as part of the Digital Technology Supercluster Initiative.
- Champion and educate on the crucial role of digital identity for businesses, health care centres, academic institutions, civil society, and all Canadians.
Read DIACC’s full Pre-Budget Consultation Submission below or download directly.